Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Spending time with Papa and Gigi

We're so fortunate to have most of our family nearby. We are all very close and I am thrilled that Cole gets to see them so often. This past week, we had a new roof put on our home, so Cole and I spent a couple of days at Papa and Gigi's house. We had fun playing, helping Gigi in her garden, taking walks, and visiting Dad G and Mom G (Cole's great-grandparents) who live next door.
During this stay, I decided to go in my parent's walk-in attic and look for some of Kyle's childhood toys that Cole could play with (some of mine too...minus the Barbies). He's outgrowing the "baby" things and needs some more "big boy" toys. Sorting through the boxes of baby dolls, matchbox cars, Little People garages, and Barbies brought back so many happy memories. I could remember vividly Kyle and I in our childhood home on Rosebrook Drive setting up "towns", racing cars, and playing house. Back then, I never imagined that one day my own child would play with these same toys. I pray that when Cole looks back on his childhood one day, that he feels as loved and blessed as I do.

Cole helping Gigi with the laundry




Playing with Kyle's childhood tent. Kyle and I both used to sleep in that at night and pretend we were camping!




Playing with our childhood Little People Garage/Town




Gigi makes yummy spaghetti!


1 comment:

Holy Cow! Canada said...

How great that your mom had all of those great toys. I think the "ancient ones" still are better than the new!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com