Last week, Michael and I traveled to Gatlinburg with our friends William and Charis Brown who currently live in Louisville, KY. We have been waiting all summer for this trip since we didn't take a large family vacation. Cole stayed at home with grandparents and we enjoyed four days/nights in the Smokey Mtns.
This was our "budget friendly vacation"...I must say we did pretty well! Bro. Larry Gilmore (Charis' dad) owns a chalet and was gracious enough to let us stay for free! We went grocery shopping Thursday morning and fixed all of our meals except for our "Big Night Out" at Lineberger's Restaurant. We also traveled together, so the cost of gas was split. Needless to say, we had TONS of fun, and were very proud of ourselves for staying on such a small budget.
Thursday was spent touring very curvy roads in Gatlinburg (thanks William!), visiting the Arts & Crafts Community, grilling yummy steaks, and playing games. On Friday we went hiking in the park up to Grotto Falls. We had a picnic lunch in the park and the guys grilled hamburgers that night...some of the best I've had in awhile! Games were again the "before bed" routine...Pegs and Jokers Forever! Saturday, William and Michael surprised us girls with tickets to the aquarium. We had fun ooooing and ahhhing at all the fish. We walked around downtown and then headed to the chalet for a movie and quick nap. That night we went to Lineberger's for our "night out" and played Hillbilly Miniture Golf.
We were so glad that we got to spend time with friends and have decided we must take a trip together at least once a year. The guys already have us renting an RV and driving cross-country to Yellowstone...oh boy! We love you William and Charis and can't wait to see you again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. Makes me think of our trip to New York. What memories! Get your RV and come to Canada. Great pictures with the new camera!
Fun Times! We enjoyed hanging out with you. I need to post something on our blog about out trip...just been busy and we only have pics of William and Michael in the hot tube...and of them eating whole oranges.:) Oh...Pegs and Jokers! When we move in the new place you'll have to visit for a round of Pegs and Jokers! "Girls Rule and Boys Drool"! Remember?
You guys looked like you had a great time when I looked at all the photos on Facebook. I know getting away was so nice! John is just now getting ok with us going on dates, I think a trip might be a while, lol :)
Post a Comment