Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So Many Blessings

Wow...where did August go? We've been so busy this past month that the time has truly "flown by". Hopefully I'll be able to blog more soon about our many endeavors, but I had to share with you some recent blessings. The Lord has once again shown Himself to be faithful...
* In April we decided to enroll Cole one day a week in our church preschool (Treasure Creek) so that I would have a day for errands, cleaning, etc. (especially with my MOPS and Uppercase Living activities) and so Cole could interact with some kiddos his age and learn to be away from Mommy. We were very impressed with the program and were disappointed to get a note in the mail stating that his class was full for the 08-09 school year. We prayed all summer that the Lord would open up a spot and we got a call last week saying that a spot in the 2 yr. old class was now available...YAY!! Cole begins "school" on Tuesday. That will be a post all it's own :-)
* With the housing market being slow, Michael's business has definitely taken a hit. We have been praying for work and again the Lord provides. Michael was approved and added to the appraiser list for FHA loans. This allows him to appraise more properties that come our way. He has also done A LOT of networking this past month and it's paying off!
* My Uppercase Living business is in full swing! I host my first Open House in our home this Saturday...I'm so excited! I also have the promise of booking at least five more Open Houses this fall. I am promoting UL in my hair salon, MOPS, and may even venture out to schools and businesses...the opportunities are endless! The most amazing thing is an email I got from a lady in Arlington, Texas that heard about UL through a friend here in TN. She wants info. about being a demonstrator...WoW!
* Our MOPS group had our annual Fall Consignment Sale and what a week we had! God amazed us in so many ways from a record number of consignors and beautiful weather to record sales. We made just over $14,000.00 and get to keep $4500.00 for our group. We were also worried that we wouldn't have as many moms in our group this year and as of last week, we began a waiting list...my goodness! Our first MOPS meeting is this Wednesday and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us!

Well, this is just a taste of the Lord's goodness to our family. Although trials will come again, we know that by keeping our eyes on Him, we can do ALL things.

1 comment:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

YAY Cole gets to go to school! He's going to love it and make so many great friends! It was great to see you the other day.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com