This year has been so much fun decorating the house/tree with Cole. Michael and I have always enjoyed doing these things together since we got married, and it's so wonderful to be able to share this joy with Cole. Last year, Cole had just turned one...he "helped" some but basically just admired the tree. What a difference a year makes! This year, he is helping to decorate EVERYTHING! Watching his eyes light up at all the new decorations as I continued to pull them out of the attic was so cute. "Whoa!" was the favorite term for the day :-) He really loved the Nativity set and it was beautiful to be able to share the true meaning of Christmas with him. He loves talking and singing to Baby Jesus...childlike faith and innocence is so humbling to watch. It reminds me to keep the wonder of the season and not get caught up in the "busy"ness of the holiday.
Decorating the tree(s) was fun as well. We don't have a color theme...all of our ornaments are from our travels (with the exception of a few...Baby's first Christmas, etc.) Reflecting on all the memories as we hang each ornament is always a favorite of ours. Cole's favorite ornament is a bell from the Grand Canyon...it plays "Jingle Bells". I may have to hang that one a little higher :-) I have a feeling I'll be tired of the carol before Christmas is over! He also enjoyed decorating the tree in his room with 'sporty' Santas, tin soldiers, etc., compliments of Mom G.
We've had so much fun and the season is just beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment