Saturday, January 17, 2009

Resolutions

I'm not one to make the traditional "New Year's Resolutions". It seems that most are broken by at least the first week anyways. BUT...I do like to make a list of goals that I would like to work towards through the coming year. A few of mine for 2009 were...
1. Establish a routine morning quiet time and begin an organized prayer journal.
2. Work out to gain some muscle strength.
3. Have a date night with Michael at least once a month (not as easy as you'd think with hectic schedules, babysitters, etc.)
4. Plan and save for a family vacation to the beach this summer (last year, our family vacation took a back seat b/c of Michael's slowed business.)
5. See my unchurched neighbors begin to attend church and be receptive to the Gospel.
6. Watch my tounge daily and try to only say things that would uplift, encourage, and affirm those around me.
7. Grow my Uppercase Living business.
8. Learn something new.
9. Do laundry before the basket is overflowing.
etc...
So far, so good I must say. I'm loving my morning quiet time (although the past few days, it's been during Cole's naptime since he's been sick). I'm reading through the Bible in a year (never done that and I'm so excited!), writing in my prayer journal daily, and doing a One-year Friendship Devotional with some friends. It's amazing how the Lord will bless when we sacrifice a little time and sleep.

We're planning our beach vacation and trying to decide the best time, location, etc. We're thinking Gulf Shores because we've been there and loved it. It's also close enough to drive and you can take daytrips to other beaches that surround. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!

Michael and I were supposed to go out last night for our first "date night" of the year, but with Cole being sick, it was cancelled :( Maybe next week...

My UL business has begun this year with a bang! I'm so excited about the new catalog, products, and New Year incentives. I've got quite a few Open Houses booked and have already completed a few individual orders...yay! With our new 'professional' section in the catalog, I'm hoping to hit up a few salons/spas/retail stores and show them our products.

Working out/laundry...still working on those.

Reaching out to our neighbors is a slow and steady process that I'm so excited about! Our church has begun a one:eight themed series this month...it's been amazing. We're focusing on Acts 1:8 and the command that Jesus gave for us to GO and spread the Gospel. Our church is becoming a missions hub for the area with language classes, resources, etc. Our small groups are studying missions this month as well and we've all adopted an unreached people group. Michael and I have felt a need in our hearts to spread the Gospel both here and abroad like never before. The Lord has ignited a spark within us and we can't wait to see what he has in store for our family. I know that for me, it begins with the ladies that surround my home. Many are unchurched and I'm excited to see how the Lord will move in our little cul-de-sac if I remain obedient and allow Him to use me.

Well, these are just a few of the things that I'm hoping 2009 will bring...who knows what's in store!?

2 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

I'm always so inspired by you Adrian! I just love that you are so focused. I'm especially excited about your new Bible study group and desire to see your neighbors come to church. That's awesome! I can't wait to hear what comes out of those resolutions.

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog about your resolutions!! I have also been doing my morning quiet times... it makes such a huge difference! I feel like this year is going to be great.. there is so much that the Lord is stirring up! I hope to see you soon!! :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com