Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So Long, Farewell. . .

Dear First Trimester,

Where do I begin?  You brought so many emotions my way and have left me with so much joy - a wonderful ultrasound and a strong little heartbeat to name a few :)  Although we've shared these last 12 weeks, I must say that I'm not entirely sad to see you go.  Your colleagues nausea and fatigue have definitely worn out their welcome. . . feel free to take them with you as you leave.  If not, my new best friend, Zofran, will remain to help me with these house guests.  I'm also excited to usher in your successor - oh the fun we'll have together!  Finding clothes that fit correctly, learning the baby's gender, shopping, decorating. . . I can't wait!  

I must say that your visit seemed to fly by.  Four years ago with Cole, you lingered, but we're so busy these days that I've hardly had the time to sit and chat with you.  I have, however, journaled our time together so that I can reminisce and share these moments in the future.

So long, farewell.  If we never meet again, I'll forever be thankful for the moments we've spent together.

12 weeks - the baby bump appears!

The two boys in my life that are also jumping for joy that the 2nd trimester has arrived :)  They have both been very understanding and Michael has truly been super-hubby these past few weeks.  From cooking and cleaning to helping with Cole. . . I'm so blessed!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So neat that you journal throughout your pregnancy. My mom did that... its so sweet to read what she was feeling while I was in the womb. Cant wait to do the same one day, but for now I will enjoy my sweet nephew and niece/nephew! :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com