We've almost reached your half-birthday. Amazing how quickly time is passing us by! This time last year, we had just sent out our 'expecting' announcements and were totally captivated by the thought of you. Holding you in our arms still feels like a dream come true.
Yep. . .we're totally smitten :)
* You are such a good baby. We get comments on how great you are from strangers and friends alike when we're away from home. If you fuss, you have a reason.
* I think you're bashful :) When I'm holding you and someone talks or smiles your way, you grin and bury your head into my shoulder. Precious.

* You are continuing to eat cereal and LOVE it! We feed it to you twice a day (around 10:00 a.m. and before bed). You also enjoy oatmeal.

* You roll EVERYWHERE! It takes you less than 5 minutes to move from one side of the room to the other. You are never still. . . but alas, we knew that from the womb!* I'm beginning to wonder if you'll ever learn to sit on your own. Your strength amazes us, but you refuse to sit anywhere. On laps, in the Bumbo (for a long period of time), etc. You want to STAND constantly. Our sweet little Bam-Bam.
* TWO teeth popped through! The bottom left on Thursday, Sept. 15 and bottom right on Friday, Sept. 16. No wonder you had been waking during the night. I'm sure those gums were hurtin'!
* We can dump your infant toys/rattles all around you and you'll play for close to 30 minutes.
* Your brother is still your favorite. On top of cooing and grinning from ear to ear, you now reach for him when he's near. Watching the ever evolving love between the two of you melts this mama's heart. Nothing. Better.
* Mommy still rocks you to sleep. . . precious quiet moment that I treasure. A receiving blanket and your paci are still a must as you drift off to dreamland.
* You've gone from sleeping on your back to sleeping on your side. I'll lay you down only to have you roll to your right side and continue dozing.
* You moved to size 3 diapers on Sept. 24 and are wearing quite a few 6-9 month things.
* Fall is here and I can't wait to take you outdoors to explore. Your first trip to the apple orchard is this Friday!
* You've been in childcare at church a few more times for small group and iMom. You seem to do okay, but I still count down the minutes 'til you're in my arms again!
* You found your feet! Chewing on your right foot toes is preferred over any teething toy :)

Reminiscing. . .
Cole - 5 months
Cade - 5 months



1 comment:
i LOVE The blocks picture. That is such a cute idea! I really think he looks just like his brother. Do you?? Take care friend!!
Post a Comment