Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crusin' the Rink

To help support our friends' adoption, we hit the rink one evening for a night of roller skating fun. Cole had never been, so we were anxious to see how he would take to walking on wheels.

When introduced with the idea at home, he immediately began crying. Michael and I both tried consoling, encouraging, and pumping it up, but he was scared silly. After about an hour (and slowly losing my sympathy/sanity), I simply said, "Cole, we're going and I'm sure you're going to LOVE it! It's always fun to try something new". He then replied with, "But Mommy, I really, really don't like the ice." What?!?! Ice?! Poor thing thought we were going ice skating. Guess I know not to push that one in the future.
I must also note that I'm pretty sure Michael was quite relieved that 'male figure skater' is not in Cole's professional future.

After realizing that we were indeed skating on a regular floor and not ice, he was super excited. We looked at pictures of the rink on their website and 5:00 couldn't come fast enough.

We arrived, and it turned out to be the perfect night to introduce this new activity to Cole. He is very cautious by nature, and the rink was wasn't crowded at all. Gave him the perfect chance to try out his new wheels - which he chose to wear over his shoes. I'm thinking he'll be ready for real skates next time!


Brave boy surprised this mama and took to it like a pro. After a few times around he insisted on letting go and doing it by himself. . . even laughing when he fell which is HUGE for him. Kyle and Laura were also there, so they added some extra support and encouragement as well.



And yes, this mama skated too. Oh the memories of disco balls and Paula Abdul blaring in the background :)

Because the floor was pretty sparce, the manager let us take Cade in his stroller for a spin as well. A night of family fun!

We're excited to take him back on one of our 'big bro nights' in the near future.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

great posts & pictures

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com