Thursday, August 2, 2012

Road Trip Fun

Thankfully, we have boys that love to ride.  Cole's been a champ since day one and little man followed suit as well.  We've taken small trips with the boys to Chattanooga and such, but not a long road trip since Cole was 2 years old (which he rocked).  So. . . now with an almost 6 year old that asks "What time is it?", "Are we almost there?" every 30 minutes, I figured I better come up with a game plan to keep him busy some of the time as we prepare for an 8+ hour trek in the car.

Thanks to online resources, I found loads of fun road trip printables and put them together to make an activity book/binder.  I've kept it a secret from Cole - I think he'll love it!


I could've laminated the pages, but instead I placed each activity in page protectors (that I had from my scrapbooking days - ha!).  The pages can be written on with dry erase markers/crayons and wiped clean for use again and again.  Let the fun begin!

Car bucks to earn along the way, travel tags for the boys 'fun' bags and luggage, dry erase markers w/ erasers, and printables
 Lots of bingo boards

I love how each board is different to keep his attention a little longer  - signs, cars, and objects
 The boy loves tic-tac-toe

License plate game - who hasn't played that?!
 Find the car (color) and the alphabet game

 Scavenger hunt for city, suburb, and rural

These belong in our Play-Doh mat book, but can also be used for drawing.
We'll be taking Play-Doh along for use in the room on a quiet evening or a rainy day.


We'll also be using spice/herb jars as our crayon holders.  Fits perfectly in the car seat cup holder.



This along with a few other activities should keep him busy for at least an hour. . . right? :)
Let's hit the road!

For these and other road trip activities, check out my Road Trip Pinterest board here

2 comments:

Matt, Jennie, and Noelle Ours said...

you're the best momma! these are fantastic =)

Mom said...

So glad you had these for Cole...he was such a trooper on the trip. Thanks so much again for sharing your vacation time with us.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com