Sunday, April 27, 2008

MOPS (And I Don't Mean Cleaning...)


I want to share a little info. with you about a recent passion of mine. MOPS...What's that? This is the common response when I begin to share about my MOPS group with people I meet. MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and is one of the best things I've done since becoming a mom. I attend a MOPS group in White House that consists of about 50 women getting together twice a month to share the joys and struggles that come with being a mom to a preschool aged child. We always have a homemade breakfast...AMEN, fellowship time, devotion, and a speaker or craft. While we're in the meetings, our children attend a MOPPETS program designed just for them. They are divided into age groups and have a preschool type structure learning Bible stories, playing games, and making crafts. We also have Mentor Moms that share godly advice and wisdom with us "newbies" as we walk down the road of motherhood.


This next MOPS year, I'm joining our Steering Team to become the Hospitality Coordinator. Please pray for me as I seek to follow the Lord's will in all decisions that I make for our MOPS group. Along with meeting decor., play date management, etc., I'll be "in charge" of welcoming new moms from the community to our group...such a big task. We have moms from all walks of life with all different religious beliefs that attend our meetings. What a joy it has been over the past year to see women come to know Christ through our interaction with each other. We are seeing lives and families changed as the Holy Spirit moves in the lives of moms and wives...Praise the Lord!


If you or anyone you know is interested in joining a MOPS group, they can check out Grace Park MOPS or the international MOPS website.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com