As I think back over the events of the past few days, I'm reminded of the childhood song I used to sing..."This Little Light Of Mine". Such a sweet simple song with so much meaning. It's been hard to let my light shine very bright over the past few days. Why does it seem that when the mountaintop is in view, Satan tries to drag us down into the valley?
It all began on Monday as I was looking up Bingo board templates on the Internet (innocent enough...right?). I was using our main computer when all of a sudden the screen went blank saying that Spyware had been detected. Oh boy... Things went from bad to worse. After turning the computer off and then back on, things began to disappear from the main screen. First the Internet went away all together and then the computer wouldn't even turn on to load Microsoft Word. Michael and I began to panic because this was his work computer. All of his appraisal reports are done, pictures inserted, and then e-mailed to the banks and mortgage companies. If we lost his programs that meant no work and ultimately no income. Of course my first instinct should have been to pray, but fear overruled. With the housing market being slow anyways, I couldn't take anymore obstacles.
I must say that through this time, the Lord has once again showed his faithfulness. My brother's friend Andrew is a computer tech that was able to save our hard drive (for free!) before Michael's programs were deleted. We are now working on my computer using two hard drives. We must copy EVERYTHING before trying to re-install on Michael's computer. Please pray with us that this will be accomplished quickly without any hindrances. Also, Praise the Lord that ALL of Michael's clients understood and were accepting of some reports being later than usual.
It's times like these that make me realize how much I have in common with the Israelites from the OT. God showed His faithfulness again and again, yet when the promise land was shown, they were afraid. I'm trying daily to remember His goodness towards our family and know that "the Lord is my light and my salvation...whom shall I fear?"
This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is a great reminder to all of us to not let Satan get the upper hand. I will always remember the analogy - "Don't Let Satan Blow it Out..." Thanks for that encouraging blog in the midst of a trying time for you. We will pray that all is resolved quickly.
Post a Comment