
When Cole was just a newborn...it seemed like the night feedings and exhaustion would never end. People (especially mothers) kept telling me, "Enjoy these moments. They will go by so fast." I remember thinking...yeah right! He'll NEVER sleep through the night. Well, those days have come and gone and I am now telling first time moms the same thing. Time truly goes by so fast.

I was reminded of this yesterday when we took Cole to Kids Kingdom. I was thinking about the first time Michael and I ventured out to the park with Cole. It was April of 2007 and he was five months old. We loaded up the whole nursery (first-time parents...what can I say?) and headed for the lake. We strolled and let him "meet" the ducks. I remember that some geese were flapping their wings in the water, and Cole just laughed and laughed. We even found a nest on the ground full of eggs!

Fast forward to the present...the whole nursery is no longer needed. A diaper, wipes, snack bar, juice, and camera are the necessities. Cole still laughs at the geese...as he CHASES them around and runs without fear towards the lake. Good thing we didn't find a nest; the eggs would probably be mistaken for balls and thrown by my sweet boy, lol.

Although the baby fat is fading away and little muscles are taking shape, I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for Cole. I know that He has great and wonderful things planned that I can't even imagine! So for now, I'll treasure EVERY moment and wait with anticipation at what tomorrow brings.


Left....May 2007
Right...
May 2008
3 comments:
I can't believe how BIG Cole is getting. It seems like yesterday William and I visited you at the hospital when he was born.
Wow, time truly does go by fast! I also was thinking about visiting you in the hospital and Shane walking in with a dozen balloons! The funny part was when he was trying to get out of the car with them. We miss you all lots. Cole is starting to loose the baby look (sorry mom) and growing into quite a handsome guy (look out for the toddler girls in the nursery - they start young).
I just wanted to let you know that I have really enjoyed your blog. You are so sweet and have such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment