Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reflections on Mother's Day




As I read a book with Cole, sing him a lullaby, and lay him down for a nap, I can't help but think how blessed I am to be a mom. He is such a gift to Michael and I and brings our family so much joy. Every moment is precious as I watch my sweet baby growing into a curious toddler with emotions and thoughts all his own. Watching his little personality develop is so fun, yet I'm reminded daily of how fast the time has flown and how one day he will spread his own wings and fly. I'm soaking up every minute of our time together and I thank the Lord that I can be a part of the amazing journey called motherhood.


We had a lot of fun this past weekend celebrating Mother's Day. Although this is my second year to celebrate this special occasion, it still doesn't seem real! People wish me "Happy Mother's Day!" and I think...yea, I really AM a mommy! On Sunday evening, we went to my mom's home and had a yummy dinner with the whole family...grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...it was so much fun! Kyle and Laura surprised me with a special gift while we were there. They made a plate for me with Cole's handprint, his name, and a cute outdoor background. I don't think I can bear to use it...it's too precious! It is also wonderful to see Cole interact with all the special "motherly" figures in his life. A huge blessing is that both my grandmothers (Cole's GREAT-grandmothers!) are here and are able to share their love with him. The women in my family are such wonderful women of God and I hope to leave a legacy that shines as brightly as them.



Michael also spoiled me way too much this weekend! On Sunday morning, he left little gifts for me everywhere around the house...by the shower door, on Cole's changing table, on the kitchen counter, in Cole's diaper bag, etc... He is such a wonderful husband and always has encouraging words to share about the way I care for Cole. He tells me daily that I'm a wonderful mommy and that he's proud of me. On days when you wonder, "can I do this???" his words truly are a comfort to my heart.



This post wouldn't be complete without me thanking the true sustainer of my soul, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray daily that He will guide me as I mother Cole and that one day I'll have the opportunity to feel the greatest joy a mom can know...watching her children accept the free gift of salvation and becoming a son/daughter of the King.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Hope you are doing well. I've enjoyed reading your blog. It's a great way to stay in touch!

Holy Cow! Canada said...

I love reading your blog with all of your reflections. Being a Mom is truly a wonderful gift. There are definitely days that the "gift" doesn't always seem like the "gift," but then their little hands reach out and wrap around your legs and your heart melts! Side note - Way to go Michael on spoiling Mommy! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful reflection on the impact I, as your mom, have had in your life. I pray that the same will be said of me as a grandmom (Gigi) with Cole and all the other little ones God will send our way. I love you.

Mom

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com