Monday, June 23, 2008

Celebrations!

This past week has been full of celebrations. Here's a look at all the fun we've been having!

Event #1....Cole attended his first "friend" birthday party. My good friend from high school/college has a little boy that turned one and we got to be a part of his special day. He had a "Beach Baby" themed party...so cute! The weather didn't cooperate, but we had fun in the "beach house". We played with toys, blew bubbles, and had a wonderful island dinner (thanks Kevin!). Although they live in Murfreesboro, we are hoping to see them more often. Our little ones had so much fun!



Left: The Birthday Boy, Andrew

Right: Eli, Andrew, and Cole

Event #2...Happy Father's Day Michael! I can't say enough about what a wonderful father Michael is to Cole. Not only do they have so much fun together, but Michael is definitely a hands-on Daddy. He is always willing to change the diapers, give baths, read books, and help me with whatever else Cole needs (since day ONE!) What a wonderful example to Cole of the love of our Heavenly Father.
Our church also held "Dad Fest" all afternoon on Sunday. It was a day all about the men..."man club" as our pastor would say :) No women were "allowed on stage" (the praise team and musicians were all men!), souped up cars and motorcycles were all around (and in!) the church, the parking lot was full of games such as throwing a football through the hoops, basketball shooting, hitting the bell with a hammer, etc., and there was free food (hot dogs, popcorn, and cokes). We had a blast and absolutely love our new church home!


Event #3...Happy Anniversary to me!! Michael and I are celebrating our seventh wedding anniversary today, June 23...7th Heaven! As I think back to that Saturday seven years ago, my heart is filled with happiness. It was such a beautiful day and the beginning of a wonderful journey together. God has blessed us so much and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us!
Tonight, Papa and Gigi are watching Cole while Michael and I enjoy a dinner at The Melting Pot. I haven't been there in years and I'm super excited about a DELICIOUS fondue meal. Afterwards, we are planning on walking around downtown, maybe by the river. We might even stroll across the new walking bridge and take a couple of photos. I can't wait!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com