Sunday, June 8, 2008

Such a BUSY week!

This past week has been a busy one for the Johnson house. I thought I'd post a little of what we've been up to...

* Cole and I went to Mommy & Me Storytime at the Hendersonville Library on Tuesday morning. It's for children up to age three...they sing songs, dance to music, and listen to stories read by the library staff. We had a lot of fun! Cole especially enjoyed looking around the library after storytime and playing with the train set. This will definitely be a weekly outing for us!

* Cole had his eighteen month doctor visit on Wednesday. He is healthy and growing right on track. He's 22 pounds and almost 31 inches long. This puts him in the tenth percentile, but like I've always said...GREAT things come in small packages :-)


* We got Cole a pool and a fun yard sprinkler on Wednesday and have used them almost everyday. He enjoys the water and likes to play with his boats. I must say that his favorite part of the pool is getting in and out over and over...who knew? I am also enjoying the pool...it's a great place to sit and catch some rays while Cole naps.










* Cole now has a lawn mower and likes to mow the grass with Michael. He really likes to help push the "big" mower.








A friend of mine, Corina Collier, from my MOPS group is a professional cake decorator and offered a beginner's course in her home this past Saturday. My mom, my aunt, and I headed to White House on Saturday for the afternoon to learn some tips. We had so much fun and learned a ton! Corina provided our cakes, icing, and filling (fudge and bavarian creme!). We learned the basics from baking the perfect cake to smooth icing finishes, shell borders, writing, and making roses. We were there for three and a half hours and only touched on a few things. We enjoyed ourselves so much that Corina is planning on offering another course to show more techniques...making daises/mums/carnations, leaves/vines, stacking cakes, etc. Check out Corina's website in my right column to see all of her beautiful creations.

2 comments:

Holy Cow! Canada said...

Well, the backyard has become a kids dream. My only question is what about Tank and the pool? Does he have his own doggy pool?

Laura said...

Well you guys look like you are having so much FUN!!:) See ya soon!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com