I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you that prayed for our audit meeting on Wednesday. It went very well to say the least. The lady that Michael met with was very nice (total opposite of the IRS stigma) and was very impressed with our organization. As the meeting was ending, Michael asked "So...what made you choose us?" She said that our company was randomly chosen (along with tons of others), but that they still had to find some "red flags" in order to mandate an audit. As they were looking through our 2006 and 2007 tax records, the red flag occured when they checked our contributions. They found it hard to believe that we actually gave the amount that was recorded considering our income. Now I'm not tooting my own horn here, but it was such a neat God orchestrated moment as Michael showed her our tithing/giving records to prove that we were honest. She said, "Oh...so you're a tither?". Michael then shared with her about how the Lord has blessed us and that our giving didn't even compare to what He had done in our lives. I wish I could've been there to see her expression!
We praise the Lord for seeing us through these past two weeks and know that He is always faithful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a blessing and huge moment to share the blessing of giving with a total stranger! Can't think of a better God moment - way to be faithful!
that is Great!!!
Jen
We got audited every single year that Dad was in med school. Apparently our family's drop in income over those 4 years seemed suspicious. But then again, I guess pastor turned doctor in his early 40s is suspicious :) Thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear stories like that when you work in the environment I do!
Post a Comment