* Cole and I are so glad to have Michael back home with us. He and Kyle (my brother) spent a week in San Antonio, TX taking an insurance adjusting class. After the real estate market took a plunge last summer, Michael wanted to have a backup plan in case that ever happened again. Now he and Kyle are both certified and can inspect your roof, basement, etc. in the event of a disaster :-)
With class only lasting from 9-5 every day, they also had the opportunity to explore this beautiful city. They strolled the Riverwalk, saw an Alamo wedding, and took in a Spurs game on Friday night. I hope to upload some pics soon...
* As many of you know, Michael is a self-employed real estate appraiser and owns Johnson Appraisal Service. We operate out of our home and were shocked to receive a notice that our business had been selected for a random IRS audit. They are choosing tons of self-employed taxpayers...especially those in the housing market. We've spent the past two weeks gathering paper work and organizing to make sure that all of our "ducks are in a row". Praise the Lord that my OCD tendencies kept the office organized over these past seven years, and we were able to find all that we needed with ease. Keep us in your prayers as Michael meets with the IRS on Wednesday.
* Our MOPS Grace's Closet Consignment Sale was a huge success! Not only did we raise funds for our MOPS group, but I found tons of good deals on brand name clothing...yay for me! Cole's summer wardrobe is almost complete. (If only it was that easy for adults...)
* Speaking of Cole, I can't seem to keep my sweet boy well :( The first two years of his life, he never had more than a sniffle (I know, we were spoiled) and since February, we've visited the doctor four times with two ear infections and severe colds. I think I am personally keeping them in business. Hopefully when the weather evens out, it will help this viral mess disappear.
* Cole also had his first major boo-boo. And can you believe that it was my fault!?! We were visiting my parents and had gone for a stroll around the block. Cole loves for us to say "Ready, set, go!" and give him a big push in his stroller. Well, that's what I did...when I let go, Cole leaned forward and his weight flipped the stroller on top of him on the concrete. I think it scared both of us more than anything, but he now has a bruise and scratch on his forehead. Needless to say, we won't be playing that game again anytime soon. 
* We are ready for spring! This random warm weather has been a treat, but we are ready for it to stay! We've enjoyed playing outside when we can and can't wait until trips to the lake, park, and strolls around the block are once again part of our daily routine.
Playing outside with bubbles

1 comment:
Oh poor mommy! I bet that boo boo hurt you more than it did him. Hope he will be all better (boo boo included) soon!
Post a Comment