Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Bye-bye crib and hello "big-boy" bed! Cole has a convertible crib, and this past weekend we transformed it from a baby crib to a day bed. We waited so long just because we could. Lots of kiddos like to climb out of their crib as they grow, but Cole has never been a climber/explorer. He has always been content to stay in his crib and say "Mommy! Let's Go!" when he was ready to get down after a nap or in the morning. He would probably be content to stay in the crib alot longer, but we knew that it was time for the transition. Cole helped put together his new bed guard, and was in awe as Uncle Kyle helped take down his crib railing. He climbed right in and kept saying "Big boy bed!!" over and over. He has slept great the past few days and loves the freedom of his new bed. He still waits for me to come get him after naps, etc., but we are just waiting for the day when he will greet us in OUR room with a cheery "Good Morning!"...as long as it's after 7:00 a.m. that's fine with us :-)

We also rearranged his room a little by getting rid of some "baby" things (changing pad, etc.). It looks so different! I'm waiting until we transform his crib to a full size bed before I totally redo his room with a new theme. I've seen some super cute things at Pottery Barn Kids that I absolutely love, but we can stick with the pastel blues and yellows for now :-) Although it is a little sad watching my sweet baby grow up, I'm excited at all the new things that the days ahead will bring. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

That is SO exciting!! I think it's awesome to change the bed along with tossing out a changing pad. He is becoming such a little man. I see many new stories coming from the fact that Cole can now hop out and help himself to fun!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com