Friday, October 2, 2009

My Birthday Surprise!

Let me begin by saying I have the BEST husband ever!  I know you are thinking your man is pretty great, but really...mine wins hands-down! :-)  Every year, he finds some way to surprise me for my b'day, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.  He doesn't like to admit it, but he's a romantic at heart and always finds creative ways to make me feel super special.  Last year, he surprised me with a spa day at Opryland Hotel (which was AMAZING!).  I thought he would never be able to top that surprise, but he outsmarted me once again.  Here's the rundown...

Cole has been wanting to spend the night at Papa and Gigi's house for some time, so mom suggested we come Tuesday evening, the day before my birthday.  Cole could enjoy time at their home and I could help her with some details for my brother's upcoming wedding.  Sounded good to me and Michael agreed, so off to mom's we went.  We had a fun evening, yummy dinner, and spent the next day shopping with b'day money and enjoyed lunch at Panera. 
The whole time I'm thinking that Michael and Kyle hung out (doing whatever men do) on Tuesday night, and spent Wednesday cleaning/organizing the office, working, etc.  Little did I know that it was all a ploy to get me out of the house so that Kyle could come over and help Michael build/create my very own OFFICE!

Because Michael and Kyle work upstairs from 9-5 each day, it's not conducive for me to use that space as well.  I've always wanted a place to run my UL business, store all my UL expressions/items, check emails, store all my MOPS info., and scrapbook.  I had NO idea that this would be a reality!  

The downstairs extra bedroom has been used as a playroom of sorts for Cole.  It housed his train table, other toys, and a futon.  Well, Michael gave the futon to Kyle and Laura (for their new apt. come June) and turned that area into an amazing work space!  I thought I would miss the futon, but most of our family lives close and we hardly ever need it as a sleeping space.  It was nice to sit and play with Cole, but I'll take my surprise office anyday!  (I did make the joke that we'll have to buy a new house before we have another little one.  I don't want to give up this space, lol!)
Along with my new desk area, I was also surprised with a new printer, Cricut machine for scrapbooking, a new bookshelf, and iWork to download for creating documents, etc.
You are now agreeing with me that he is the best...aren't ya??? :-)

I wish that the boys would've taken some pictures of them building and setting up my new space.  I hear it was quite humorous.  When Cole and I got home on Wednesday afternoon, Michael asked me to come to the guest room to help him get out a stain on the carpet from something he spilled.  When I got to the door, this is what I saw... 

Woo-hoo!  The desk actually doesn't take up much more room than the futon did.  I also love it because Cole can play while I do my 'office' work! 

My new bookshelf to house all my scrapbooks, UL documents/catalogs, and MOPS info.
My new Cricut machine.  Can't wait to try it out!
Again I'm saying that there's no way he can top this.  Who knew turning 30 could be so great!?!?     

3 comments:

Brandee said...

WOW is all I can say! I must admit I am a bit jealous :)

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Great job Michael and Kyle!! What a very cool and special gift for you. You're already so productive...can't wait to see what all you're going to get done now:) Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

first off he did all that! Secondly it looks great!!!! They may want to apply to a HGTV show!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com