More than ever, I'm beginning to see traits of Michael and I manifested in Cole. Certain looks, the way he laughs, the way he walks, and how he learns just to name a few. It's amazing, scary, and humbling all at the same time to see how your character has been passed to your child.
This past weekend was gorgeous and we spent most of our free-time outside. It was a welcome reprieve from our indoor play. Watching Cole use his imagination with simple toys, rocks, sticks, and sidewalk chalk was such a joy to watch.
I must say though, that I was quite surprised by the sight that greeted me as I ventured from the deck to the yard. . .
Those character traits I was speaking of - well, I think my child may have inherited my OCD (I mean organizational) habits :) Love it!
Even as a three year old, Cole loves things to be in order. He has never liked messes and always makes sure that his toys are organized and in their proper place. Tools have specific shelves on his tool bench, cars have specific buckets, his little kitchen is immaculate (no dirty dishes ever left in the sink!) and his train set is always in tact. I know he gets it honest - I'm just waiting to see if this will stick around for his teenage years :)

6 comments:
Oh yeah friend, I see it! LOL! We have that here too. Will LOVES to "line things up." He really does not play with things, he lines them up and looks at them :) His favorites to do this with are his bugs, Mario figurines and his super hero figures. I love it! Just wait till it is their appearance when they get into the teen years. Will already is obsessive about his hair, lol.
Love this post!
that is too funny! I love it!
that is so funny! what a great picture to capture the moment :-)
Is it too late to pass that on to Mackensey!
You know the next one is going to be messy and totally chaotic, just to give you a bit of challenge and to mix it up, hehehe. I am just kidding of course, though it could be a possibility. I adore that Cole...he's a cutie! Have a great rest of he day in the Lord!
Too cute!!! That's the funniest picture ever. Briley cleans up every time she is given a napkin, towel, or wipe. I think she gets that from John:) He is awesome!
Post a Comment