Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday's Menu

Why is it that I can never seem to get this post typed?  I'm on the ball today, but have missed the last couple of weeks.  I thought I'd give a quick rundown of what we've been cooking at the Johnson home. . .

Last week:
Southwestern Chicken Salad (made with my new Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker - I absolutely love this piece of stoneware!  And to add to the excitement, I got it FREE!)
Crescent Roll-ups, green beans, baked potato curls
Slow cooker Chops and Beans, garlic bread
Sicilian pizza
Baked potato and salad (hubby loves this for an easy dinner - suits me!)

This week:
Monday:  Chicken pot pie, strawberry salad
Tuesday:  Baked spaghetti, garlic bread
Wednesday:  Taco soup, Mexican cornbread
Thursday:  Crunchy chicken casserole, okra, creamed corn
Friday:  Guy's night for the hubby, date night for little man and I!

Recipes:
Southwestern Chicken Salad
Dressing:
16 oz. bottle of Ranch dressing (I suggest starting with 8 oz. and then adding more to control the heat)
1 jalapeno pepper
1 lime
4 tsp. taco seasoning mix

Pour ranch dressing into a mixing bowl.  Cut jalapeno (remove seeds and membrane), chop into small pieces, add to bowl.  Cut lime in half - juicing half directly over bowl.  Add taco seasoning and mix well.  Set aside.

Chicken:
1 small yellow onion; chopped
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove garlic; minced
remainder half of lime

* I used my baker in the microwave (yes. . . juicy, yummy, tender cooked chicken in 15 minutes! I love it!), but this could easily be adapted for the stovetop or oven.  You are basically just cooking the chicken until done on a bed of chopped onions and garlic.

Salad:
lettuce (any kind you prefer)
3 Roma tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 green bell pepper
1 14 oz. can black beans; drained and rinsed
shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips
salsa for garnish

Chop lettuce and place in a bowl or on a large platter.  Slice tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper.  Add to lettuce.  Layer beans, chicken, and cheese.  Serve with dressing, tortilla chips, and salsa.  YUM!

Received from my Pampered Chef consultant upon purchasing the Deep Covered Baker.  She sent over about 50 recipes ranging from meats, veggies, and desserts.  Yay!  
 

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com