Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Three Weeks. . .

How can it be that you are almost a month old? Time is truly passing by so quickly. . .
This week brought a few ups and downs our way with you sweet boy.

Favorites:
* You are much more alert and have longer awake periods during the day. I love to stare into your eyes and wonder what your precious mind must be thinking as you take in the world around you.

* You are beginning to focus on objects such as rattles, lights, and toys - your big brother LOVES this about you and runs to play with you when you're awake :)



* You adore music. Jesus Loves Me is a favorite when you're fussy.
* Daddy seems to have a calming effect on you. I think his deep voice and warm embrace make you feel safe and loved.

Downs:
* You had your first sick visit to the doctor - an infection in your left eye. Thankfully, you were otherwise healthy and eyedrops did the trick.
* Nursing is going well, but you are such a lazy eater. I think I spend most of the time rubbing your back, feet, undressing you, etc. to keep you awake :) Your weight gain is good (8 pounds even at your three week check-up - a 13 oz. weight gain since you've been home), but the doctor wants to see you in a week to check again. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you've grown!
* You suddenly don't want to sleep anywhere but in mommy's arms. I LOVE it, but need a little beauty rest myself :) You've been sleeping on my chest the past few nights. . . I'm sure I need to lay you down and let you 'cry it out', but I'm treasuring these precious moments with you.

Overall, we can't thank God enough for the JOY your presence has added to our home. Everyday is a gift. . .

1 comment:

Regina Gibson said...

No! Don't put him down. You will blink and he'll be running around at your feet, then packing up for college, and walking down an aisle to say I do and start his own little family. Hold him tight. These sleepless nights won't last long. And it's easy for me to say, but still I must say it. Love you friend Seek HIM! FIRST and always.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com