Saturday, May 14, 2011

It Will Change Your Life

Those five little words were spoken to me over and over before Cole made his debut four years ago. When talking with women about my impending motherhood, it was the most common phrase used. I had no idea how true those words would be or how much my precious boys would truly change my life. They've taken me to depths of love, grace, sacrifice, and knowing God that I could've never reached without them. They are gifts from above that I treasure. . . what a blessing that the Lord chose to invite me into such fellowship with Him through these little ones. I pray as they grow, that my boys see a mom that strives to love Jesus and LIVE that love daily.

Cole and Cade, I adore you more than you could ever know. . . you are truly my reward!

This post wouldn't be complete without giving thanks to the best earthly model for motherhood that I've known. . . my mom. I love you so much and feel blessed to have such a wonderful friend in you.


Mother's Day 2011 will be one that I'll forever cherish. Not only were BOTH of my boys in my arms, but it was our first Sunday together at church as a family of four. We made it on time and Cade was a trooper through the service.

Photographers were also taking complimentary photos of families for the mamas to enjoy - love it!

Earlier that morning, I was awakened by Cole entering the bedroom with cards galore and his special gift from school that I had been waiting to open. His handmade tile was precious, but my favorite was the 'My Mom' card he made. I used to do these with my first graders about their mothers - it was funny and wonderful to see one about me!

'My Mom'
My mom is four years old
Her favorite color is pink
Her favorite food is strawberries and chocolate
Her favorite restaurant is Chuy's
Her favorite thing to do is cook (really??)
My mom likes it when I read her stories
My mom doesn't like it when I don't clean up my toys
My mom weighs 15 pounds (woo-hoo!)
The thing my mom does best is read books with me (can you tell we do a lot of reading around here?!)

Michael also surprised me with outdoor furniture and my favorite lunch from Carrabba's (to-go of course. . . no waiting for us!)
After church, we headed to my mom's house for a relaxing afternoon of chatting on the back porch. Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Funny boy loving Gigi's sunglasses


No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com