Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Paddlin' Around

Now that we're finally seeing the sun again, it's been the perfect time to break out the kayaks and enjoy evenings on the lake.  Thanks to dear friends, Gary and Sandi, we store them at their lakeside home less than a mile down the road and can take them out at our leisure.  Ending with chats on their back porch and a view like this is always an added bonus...

This particular evening, Cole began telling riddles and knock-knock jokes he had recently learned from a few library books.  After telling a few of his, 'Uncle' Gary then said, "Well Cole, now I've got a 'dirty' joke for you.  What did one burp say to the other burp?"

(Any guesses?  Give up?? Oh the suspense!)

"Let's go out the other end and call ourselves little stinkers".  
I digress....

So, if Cole comes up to you and says, "Wanna hear a dirty joke?", you can rest assured it's rated PG.

We invited our neighbors, the Clymers, to join us one night as well...
Michael and Eric heading out

Boys chillin' on the bank



His new 'cheese' smile


Time for the mamas to head out!







 Michael and I have found a new date night favorite.  It's seriously so, so peaceful on the water.  And have you ever seen cuter kayaking sidekicks?  I think not...   love. them. to. pieces.







No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com