Tuesday, February 11, 2014

High Flying Day

There's no denying that Cade is intrigued by anything with wheels or wings.  He's a digger, dumper, vehicle loving little boy and I love that about him.  The new obsession these days is planes.  Whether it's specific characters from the movie, helicopters, fighter jets, or a simple dollar store item, he loves flying and racing them around the house.  If we're out and about, you can also bet that he'll spread his arms and declare himself a high flying machine :)

Last year, both boys flew with us to Delaware and absolutely loved the airport, watching the planes take off and land, and being in the air themselves.  No fear...just giggles and huge smiles.  So, when Michael's mom told us that her friend owned a small plane at the local airport and wanted to show it to the boys, we jumped at the opportunity.  A couple of Saturdays ago, the weather was a balmy 60 degrees and we surprised the boys with an afternoon of flying fun.
Oh Gallatin....please paint the sign...


So excited to see the planes!



Testing out the cockpit

Cade's gonna fly with his feet



Cade said, "He's talkin' to me!"  Soooo cute!

Fascinated by the propeller


Ready for our taxi down the runway






Cade and Daddy's turn

I love this :)
Now, I've never been up in a two seater, and really didn't have the itch to do so...a little too claustrophobic for this mama.  I also didn't envision the boys taking to the air.  Just a simple tour of the plane, a few pictures and a trip down the runway.  Well, after his quick taxi around the airport, Cole was begging to go up.  Greg was also eager to hit the sky and kindly offered to take him up, soooo Michael rode with them while Cade and I watched and I prayed like a mad woman.  Thank goodness little dude was content with solid ground.  I don't know if my heart could've handled another round :)
When Cole took to the air (and I took to my knees in prayer).

Coming back in for the landing...I was one relived mama!
Thanks so much Greg for an up, up, and away fantastic day!





No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com