I woke up that morning with butterflies in my stomach...it felt like MY first day of school :-) I was excited just thinking about all that I would be able to accomplish in those short five hours, but I was also extremely nervous about leaving Cole with total strangers for that amount of time. Cole woke up with smiles (as usual) and was ready to begin the day. After breakfast, we introduced Cole to his new backpack and lunchbox. He loved them both (especially all the pockets and zippers) and kept saying "heavy!" over and over as he walked around the house with his backpack. I had to wipe away a few tears...he looked like such a big boy.
At drop off, we encountered many tears (but none from me I'm proud to add). Thankfully, I was busy setting up for our first MOPS meeting most of the day, so I didn't have time to dwell on my thoughts of "I hope he's not upset", "I wonder what they're doing now?", "Is he playing with the other kiddos?", etc. Precisely at 1:45, Michael, my mom, and I arrived to pick him up (people probably thought we were crazy)...I couldn't get to his room fast enough! His teacher greeted us at the door with a smile and said that he did GREAT!! Music to my ears! His only fussy time was naptime and who can blame him? Laying on a mat with 6 other kids around...totally foreign territory. But, eventually he did go to sleep...that's progress!
I must say that I'm looking forward to him going this Tuesday. I've already got a hair appt. booked and have a list of errands to run. Let's just say it's amazing how fast 5 hours can go!
**I also must add that at orientation, Ms. Kelly was talking about how the kids will know their colors, some ABC's, and some shapes by the end of the year. Michael and I just looked at each other and laughed. This is where I must brag on my smart boy...he can count to 40, recites and recognizes all letters of the alphabet, can spell his name, and knows all colors and all shapes (including octagons, crescents, and semicircles). Maybe he can offer tutoring :-)
Eating a yummy breakfast to get the brain power going...love the "bed head"
Showing off his "heavy" backpack
Playing with all the pockets and zippers
Getting ready to leave the house...are you sure about this mom?
Michael and Cole walking in together...my favorite boys
Cole's first "school" papers...his coloring sheet, Bible story to review at home, and daily "report card".

2 comments:
Five hours is too short! I loved the blog especially the "tutoring" part. What a great Mom you are!
WOW! I'm so impressed with Cole and glad you had a great time too. He is SO smart and looks just like Daddy in these pictures.
Post a Comment