Laura (Kyle's girlfriend) - August 26
My mom - August 30
Mom and Dad's Anniversary - September 6
Dad's Bday - September 14
Michael - September 15
Kyle - Septmember 18
Myself (and Michael's sister) - September 30
Poor Cole...he's out of the loop (November for him). I know, I know...Michael and I should've done better with our timing, lol.
A few years ago, my mom started a tradition of treating us all to a special birthday dinner. We've been to The Melting Pot, Ruth's Kris, Jimmy Kelley's, Mortons, and this year we went to Maggianos Little Italy on West End. The food was delicious and we enjoyed being together as a family (although next year we will definitely get a sitter...we were at the restaurant for 2.5 hours(don't get me wrong...service was good...we had a four course family style meal)). You can imagine that length of time with a 21 month old!
Getting ready to order our feast

Dad, Mom, Kyle, and I

The girls...Laura, Mom, and I (and the crazy headdress plant)

Kyle and Cole

The fun didn't stop there. Last night I pulled off a surprise party for Michael's 35birthday. We met 14 of our friends/family at Steamboat Bills for dinner and then they all came back to our home for dessert and coffee. Michael was shocked when we walked in the restaurant and all of our friends shouted "Surprise...Happy Birthday!" So much fun!
Walking in the restaurant. Michael is asking me "What is going on!?!"

Greeting friends...Bobby and Sherri Patterson, Troy and Deborah Donaldson, John, Marcia, Samuel, Caleb, and Madison Jared

The other end of the table :-) Jason, Karla, and Cohen Taylor
Michael and our long time friend Ray

My sweet little family

Back at our house for dessert, coffee, and some football. It was a tight fit, but I loved listening to all the laughter in our home.

Opening gifts...a watch from Bobby, Sherri, Troy, and Deb. John Jared also made a CD of songs released in 1973...the year of Michael's birth. Cool idea!
The expression as the cake entered the house

The AWESOME cake made by Corina. We went with the Life Is Good/four wheeler theme since Michael loves both so much. She did a great job representing these things that he enjoys. The rocks are even edible jellybeans and chocolates...WOW!!!
The rear license plate

LIG "dude"

Blowing out the candles
Cake please!

The best part of birthdays...balloons!!

2 comments:
Oh wow guys!! It looks like you had an amazing job and pulled it off. Happy Birthday month to the whole FAM. We hate we couldn't make it this time.
I think Cole is the lucky one for November! More attention his way - not that he is lacking in it I'm sure. Wow happy birthday to everyone especially Mike.
Post a Comment