Monday, September 8, 2008

Let the Adventure Begin!

Last Wednesday, we had our first MOPS meeting of the year. It went GREAT!! Our theme for the year is "Adventures in Mothering" and is centered around the sights, smells, and tastes of an amusement park. I can't think of a more fitting metaphor for the "ride" of motherhood, complete with its ups and downs, loops, thrills, and screams (ha!). Our tables for the year are named after amusement park foods and our meeting names are centered around park rides. The decor turned out better than I could've hoped for (my hard work paid off with all the oooohs and ahhhhs)...it was such a bright and fun atmosphere to begin our year.
Our meeting began at 9:00 with a yummy homemade breakfast (my favorite part of our meetings I must admit!). We then had fun visiting at our tables, playing the Blanket Name Game, making our "hopper passes", and enjoying getting to know one another with the M&M Game. I'm so excited about what the Lord has in store for all of our MOPS moms this year (51 moms and a waiting list...whew!!). It's going to be a fun ride!

Our Welcome Table...complete with a roller-coaster cake made by Corina.


The "Hot Dog Hut" table


Snow Cone Street


Caramel Apple Avenue


April and Ms. Dana at Popcorn Place


Lollipop Loop


Dreamsicle Drive


Filling up plates with a yummy breakfast feast


Getting to know one another

2 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Ok, WOW!! Everything looks AH-mazing! I'm so impressed girl.

Holy Cow! Canada said...

I am hoping to just survive the first meeting. Your decorations look wonderful.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com