Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Little of This and That

Today is beautiful...the sun is shining, cool breeze, no humidity. This is how the people in San Diego must feel year round...my kind of weather for sure. I wasn't going to let this glorious day slip away without some enjoyment of it, so I went outside to read while Cole napped and just breathed in autumn...what a wonderful afternoon! Keeping busy seems to be the American way, but I'm noticing how important it is to take time, STOP, and just breathe (Faith Hill would be proud).

Because of our "busy"ness, I've blogged about the main events taking place, but not about our day-to-day activities. Here's a little about what's going on in the Johnson house these days...

*Cole is doing WONDERFUL in Treasure Creek. He cried the first couple of weeks, but boy has that changed! As we come up on the church entrance (in the car) he begins to shout "Church!" and "School!"...he's so excited! He runs (literally) to the preschool area and can't wait to be checked in so that he can go to his class. As we walk to his class he begins to say "Play friend". While I'm getting his backpack situated, he's pulling on the gate to get into his class, gives me a quick hug and "I love you", and off he goes. Although I had been waiting for the glorious non-crying moment, I have to admit that I was saddened just a little. It's just another sign that he's growing up. Man, I'm going to be pitiful when he begins kindergarten.

*Since Cole is at school on Tuesdays, I've had the blessing of joining a women's Bible Study on Tuesday mornings at church. We currently have five different studies available and I chose Beth Moore's "Stepping Up...A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent". It has been fabulous! We are diving deep into the psalms that were written as the children of God made their pilgrimage back to the temple in Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover feast. God is teaching me many things that I can't wait to share with you!

*Michael is doing great...his business is booming! With the status of the economy, we were unsure where this road would lead, but the Lord has blessed more than we could imagine. Winter is normally a slow time (and could be worse this year) so please keep us in your prayers that the appraisal orders will continue to roll in.

*Michael also recently took a motorcycle training course at Vol State. He has wanted to do this for some time, and finally had the opportunity a few weekends ago. I must brag that he was the valedictorian of his class, scoring the highest on the written (a 100!) and driving tests...I'm so proud! Now that he can legally drive a motorcycle on the open road, the only hindrance is actually owning a bike :-) Although that reality is still a ways off, he has enjoyed looking at zillions (and I do mean zillions) of bikes trying to find what he likes and the best deals.

*My Uppercase Living business is booming as well. Here is a beautiful example of what the Lord has orchestrated...a friend of my mom came to an Open House and loved the product. Her daughter works at Guild Elementary as a Library assistant and took the catalog to school to ask if she could do a catalog show for the teachers. The principal saw it and immediately sent me an email wanting to order expressions for the school walls and wants me to create the school slogan for the main entrance...AMAZING!!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com