Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spa Day

My birthday was Tuesday and Michael truly outdid himself with regards to my gift. He's always so creative and romantic that I never know what to expect. This year I was treated to a Spa Day at the Relache Spa in Opryland Hotel. It was AMAZING!! I've had one massage in the past and a few manicures/pedicures at local salons here and there, but nothing like what I experienced on Tuesday. I felt so pampered and special. I've told him that he never again needs to ask me what I want for my birthday...THIS will always be my answer!
The day began by Michael letting me sleep in...that alone was wonderful! He took care of Cole, got him fed and dressed, and took him to school. My only instructions were to be ready by 9:45 and to shave my legs (guess he didn't want me to be embarrassed by my prickly legs!). We then loaded up the car and he took me to the spa. He had set up all the treatments and chosen my schedule for the day. All I had to do was show up. Here was my schedule...

10:30 - Arrive at spa. Enjoy the sauna, steam room, and relaxation lounge (low lighting, candles, fruit, herbal teas...amazing!).

11:30 - Hour long Swedish massage. I felt like jello afterwards and smelled like a fresh coconut :-)

12:30 - Aromatherapy facial. I had never had a facial before, but this could've been one of my favorites. My face was so smooth and clean afterwards...I wanted to bring her home with me!

1:30 - Lunch brought up by in room dining. I ate a grilled chicken caesar wrap while relaxing by the pool.

2:00-4:00 - Tropical manicure and pedicure

4:00-4:45 - Shower, change, and be ready to be picked up for dinner.

After he picked me up, we went to The Streets in Hendersonville for dinner and some shopping at NY&C with b'day money. It was a fantastic day that I will never forget!

3 comments:

Charis Brown said...

Wow sounds like pure relaxation! I've had a facial, massage and pedicure/manicure...but never ALL together. You must have done something good this year...or is that Christmas? Glad to hear it was a great B-Day!
Charis

Allen and Jessica said...

Oh, Adrian! Thank you for sharing in our JoY!I'm completely obsessed with Jonah already. . . I can't get enough of him. I'm pretty sure my heart is gone forever! :) I'm confident I'll draw tons of wisdom from your experience! Allen and I would love to hang out with you guys sometime! :)

PS- sounds like your birthday was AmAzInG! Reading your blog made me crave a spa day! :)

Holly said...

Tell Michael my birthday is November 5...every year :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com