Hallelujah!! Hendersonville finally has a brand-new library! The other library on Dunn St. had served the H'ville area well for 40 years (I even remember going there for storytime as a kid myself), but it couldn't keep up with the demand for new books, computers, and new technology...not to mention the parking was VERY limited. I had taken Cole there many times this past year and felt that if he played with the train set, got excited about the books (which he often does), or yes...even threw a fit, then we would be disturbing those around us. The kids area was in a corner, but was open to the rest of the library (which was quite small itself). Well, no need to worry now. The new library is AMAZING! It is a 2 story stucture located by The Streets off of Indian Lake. It has that classic "Barnes and Noble" look with the plush couches/chairs, dark wood, open staircase, and pleny of "nooks" to get totally lost in a book. My favorite is the kid's wing...yes WING! A whole wing is dedicated to children...you enter into a wonderland full of books and characters for kids. There is a storytime room, ABC Club activity room, and computer area with kid games. We loved wandering through at the Grand Opening, but really had the chance to enjoy it this past week when we met some friends there for storytime. Cole (and I) had so much fun!
The new library also houses a "teen room", TONS of cubicles with new computers, a Magazine room, Quiet Reading Room (with soundproof walls...when the door is shut, you can't hear a thing!), outdoor reading porches both upstairs and downstairs, meeting rooms, etc. It's beautiful!
Entrance to the Children's Wing
Michael and Cole playing on the computer
Checking out the books

3 comments:
I LOVE THE KEYBOARD! IT IS AWESOME :)
The library looks awesome! Enjoy it!! :)
Oh my goodness! The library is open?!! Allen and I drove by a couple of weeks ago, and it was still under construction. I'm dying to see it!! :) Thanks for posting pics. . . It looks beautiful!!
Oh wow - we didn't know it was open either! When is story time? We might just have to try and make it soon:)
Post a Comment