Monday, April 12, 2010

Ethiopia Bound. . .


Nope. . .
Not us. . .

BUT, never say never. . !

My lifelong friend, Charis, and her husband, William, have been on an adoption journey to unite with their little girl in Ethiopia.  In late March, Hannah 'Feven' Brown officially became a part of their family :)  Isn't she a cutie!?


This past Saturday, friends and family got together to shower this precious couple with all things pink for their sweet new arrival.  Such a fun day!  
Although I was the 'gift recorder' (my favorite job!), Natalie took my camera and captured wonderful moments throughout the day which I know Charis will remember for a lifetime.  We narrowed it down to 118 pics, but don't worry. . . I'll just post a few special ones here :)

Our happy guest of honor!
The hostesses
Front Row:  Mary Martin Butler, myself, Charis, Beverly Gann (who also catered. . . so yummy!), Belinda Woolson, Velda Beams
Back Row:  Michelle Gilmore, Brenda McNeil, Natalie Nelson, Elizabeth Brown 
(not pictured are Sara Shoun, Mindy Brown, Betsy Bledsoe, and Karla Taylor. . . we missed you!)
Feven's Mimi and Grammy
The cake made by my sweet friend, Rebecca.  It tasted DELICIOUS and matched Feven's crib bedding.








70+ gifts later. . . what a blessing!

William and Charis leave for Africa this coming Friday and will return with their precious 10 month old daughter the following week.  Please pray for rest, good health, safe travels, and easy transitions for all.  I can't wait to meet this bundle of joy!  


2 comments:

Millard Family said...

How special! Congrats guys!!

Mindy said...

I'm still so sad that I couldn't be at the shower!! Looks like it went great! Thanks for adding my blog to your "roll." :)

Oh - those letters came from JoAnn's. Hope you can do it - Lee loved it!!

Mindy

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com