there's gonna be a floody, floody. . .
Anyone remember these childhood lyrics (Rise and Shine)? It's one of Cole's favorites and has really come to life this past weekend.
Tennessee has been hit by one of the worst natural disasters in our state history. Water has covered much of Nashville and the surrounding areas. . . and the levels continue to rise even though the rain subsided by Sunday evening. Watching scenes from downtown, surrounding counties, and the flooding of Opryland Hotel has been heartbreaking. We were blessed and spared much worry in our home, but couldn't help grieve for those that have lost everything.
Our church parking lot (Long Hollow Baptist)


Yesterday evening, Michael and I also began discussing how it must have been for Noah to watch the flood waters rise. This Biblical story is etched in my memory and I have recited it for Cole numerous times already, but have never truly dwelled on the horror Noah must've seen and heard as he floated safely above the waters. Sounds of every living being (both man and beast) drowning, cities destroyed, and the cries of friends wanting to be rescued. I know it's a morbid thought, but I do wonder what Noah prayed in those moments. Was it thankfulness for his safety, questions for God's judgement, cries for peace in the days ahead? Looking back, we see the promise of the rainbow, but Noah was leaning on his blind faith. Faith in the Almighty God to keep the ark afloat and fulfill his Word. Oh, how I long for that kind of faith. Faith that when the floodwaters do rise, I look ahead to the rainbow and trust in his strength to carry me through the storm.
Sharing His grace in the days ahead,
Adrian






4 comments:
Wow! I had no idea Long Hollow was flooded!! I, too, pray we will rise to the occasion. . .I'm so convicted in these days to BE the hands and feet of Jesus. Seems there's desperation on every corner. . . so glad you guys are safe and dry.
It is so unbelievable. I could not stop crying yesterday. It is just really sad to see the town under water like this. I can not imagine what Noah felt. We are blessed to not have damage and devastation either, but so many do. I pray God will show us all how we can help our neighbors and how many will come to know Him. I know that God will use this for His glory or it would not have ever been allowed. Christ's return is coming friend! The more devastation for natural disasters the more I know it.
Love you and see you next week, I can't wait to talk about your ideas and what we are doing too :)
Thanks for giving me somthing to think about! I mentioned you on my blog today!
AND, spelled your name wrong, so I changed it! SORRY! (was confusing you with another "Adrienne" that I know =) yikes!!
Post a Comment