Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wordle

I was just introduced to a new website today via the Impress Your Kids blog.  I've seen these amazing 'word clouds' before, but never knew how to create one. . . Wordle has come to the rescue!  I see the need for a personal time constraint when playing on this site. . . it's addicting!

To go along with my idea for Michael's Father's Day gift (I'll share soon!), I thought a 'Daddy attribute' word cloud would be a fabulous idea.  After learning a few tricks, I finally decided on this layout.  Of course, I'll probably get back on tomorrow and create something new!  

Wordle: Daddy
A few hints:
* To make one word appear larger than the rest, type it numerous times in the text box (it will only appear once on the final page).
* To keep a word phrase together (ex. my best friend) use the ~ symbol between each word (my~best~friend).  This guarantees those words to stay together, even when the word cloud is jumbled and randomized.

Check it out and let me know what you're creating!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com