Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reunion!

I'm such a lucky girl.  

I have some of the best friends a woman could want. . . friends that will laugh with you, cry with you, enhance your strengths, uphold your weaknesses, and encourage your walk with the Lord.  Although acquaintances have come and gone, it's been a blessing to stay connected with my four closest friends from the good ol' days :)  Days of proms, late nights studying, broken hearts, and celebrations because 'he looked at me today!'  It's hard to believe that these high school memories were made THIRTEEN plus years ago. . . man, where has the time gone???

Not only were we best buds in high school, but the Fab Four (as I like to call us), decided to head to MTSU and rent an apartment together in The Boro.  Our first years there were filled with many moments that I'll never forget, some good and some bad - all helping mold us into who we are today.  As the years passed, some moved home, others tied the knot, and eventually we all arrived back where we started (albeit with degree in hand).  As Mr. Hosier would say -back to Gracious, Growing, and Grubby Gallatin (which I don't think is all that grubby) :)

Even though we were all in one place again, life took over and we rarely saw each one another. We loved each other, but had different pursuits. . . marriage, family, careers.   We didn't mean to disconnect or let months go by without a phone call, but it was reality.  Fast forward and now we're all in the same boat again - navigating the motherhood waters!  It's such a joy to see those long ago conversations about our 'one day' families come to fruition.  

Just a few weeks ago, we all got together (with our families) and reminisced about the days gone by.  I love how it feels as if time has stood still when we begin to converse and share with one another and the way our husbands just shake their heads as we laugh about an inside joke.  Thank you Lord for these precious gifts and may we never take one another for granted.  

Amanda, Lori, and Laciana. . . I love you all very much and can't wait to see what the future holds!

The Fab Four - Summer 1997. . . moving into our apartment in M'boro
L-R:  Amanda, Laciana, Adrian, Lori
Fall 1997 - College!
May 14, 2010 - Thirteen years and eight kiddos later. . . more beautiful than ever!
Our pride and joy :)  Ages 7 - 2 months  

4 comments:

This Is Stupid said...

SWEET! Friendships like that truly are priceless! I treasure mine more and more as I realize how hard they are to come by =)

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Oh Adrian - how special was your day!! So glad you got to catch up and have those special times with old friends. And WOW, so many babies!!

Lindsey said...

Adrian, I'm not sure if you will remember me, but I was Lindsey Crawford in High School at Gallatin. I graduated in 1998 but I remember you because i'm pretty sure my old friend Lorin once had a really big crush on you!

Anyway, Jessica Willis is a very close friend of mine and I linked to your blog from hers.

Glad you are doing well! Your son is so adorable :)

Holly said...

I'm so glad you girls were able to get together! Lori said you had a great time together with each other and all of the kiddos. I am already hoping that Karis grows up with close Godly friendships like this. And 13 years? Wow. My 10 year high school reunion is this summer-crazy...

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com