Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birthdays are a BLAST!

It's so hard to believe I now have a FOUR year old. That number sounds so BIG! At three, you could still consider Cole a 'preschooler', but now it's all big boy this and big kid that. . . how the time has flown!
This year, we went with an outer space theme for Cole's friend party. He LOVES learning about the planets - all sparked from a picture in a book about the story of God's creation. His love for space has caused Michael and I to truly marvel at the awesomeness of our God as we read facts about our universe. What an amazing Creator!

The planning began with the creation of the b'day invites. I've handmade them every year and hope to continue that tradition with both boys in the future. I must say, these were my favorites so far!
I used a rocketship template I found online to create the shape. Adding a little fun with colored paper, markers, and a picture of astronaut Cole made the perfect front cover.

I then attached two other 'pages' by a star brad at the top of the rocket.

The second page read:
Message From Misson Command:
4,3,2,1. . . It's Time For FUN!
Space Cadet Cole will soon complete phase three of his training and embark on phase four.
You have been selected as part of his launch crew for a celebratory mission to outer space.
We hope you can join us for an OUT OF THIS WORLD party!!

Third page contained all the party info.
Launch Date: Saturday, November 20
Command Center: Space Station Johnson
Coordinates: (our address)
Lift-off: 10:30 a.m.
Return to Earth: 12:30 p.m.
Communicate with Adrian at Mission Control to confirm your flight readiness by Monday, Nov.15 (with email and number attached)

Here are a few pics from Cole's special day. . . (believe it or not, there were people at this party :) I was just so busy with the festivities, that Kyle took most of the candid shots on his camera).
We transformed the dining room by hanging planets around a giant sun and letting the table scape represent all things space. The kids (and adults) LOVED it!

Each child had a special seat complete with star blower, space cadet badge, and rocketship craft which we made during the party. They turned out so cute and the kiddos loved soaring them around the house.

Treat bags I made for each guest - filled with Pop Rock candy, Milky Way bars, glow-in-the dark party silly bands and stars, a light up astroball, solar system sticker chart, and astronaut erasers (LOVE Oriental Trading!)

Cole's cute cake made by my dear friend, Rebecca. She also made the sweet star cupcakes for our gender reveal party.

Our yummy lunch :) Complete with star sandwiches for the kiddos.

Watching Cole grow from 1-4 yrs. Amazing how he's changed!

Time for presents!His own camera! The favorite gift by far. . .




CAKE!! He couldn't wait to blow out his candle :)


After the friend party that morning, we took a quick breather and prepared to host family that evening for more birthday fun and the awaited baby gender reveal.

Cole amazed us all by reading his own birthday cards this year. Such a smart boy!

Oh. . .my. . .word. . .
And Christmas is just around the corner!
Cole, we LOVE you so much - our precious gift from above. We treasure your presence in our family and can't wait to see all the wonderful things the Lord has in store for your life. His light and love already shine through your spirit. . . we pray it never fades.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! William and I both viewed this post and he told me I was "slacking"! Thanks, Adrian! :) Guess I need to step it up!? Charis

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

WOW Adrian!! I'm always impressed with your creativity and spark for new things. What lucky boys you have!! I can't believe that he is already 4. Hope you are feeling well with Mr. Cade and ready for a great Christmas together. Maybe we can see you soon!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com