Saturday, December 4, 2010

Introducing. . .

Cade Elias Johnson


Michael and I are thrilled that the Lord has given us another son to humbly raise into a man of God. We feel blessed beyond measure and can't wait to meet this new little boy!



Check out that sweet smile :)

A little about his name. . .
Michael and I always joked that we would have a hard time naming another boy since we thought long and hard about Cole's name. That joking turned out to be so true :) Although we didn't have a name for some time, we knew that God had the perfect one already chosen for our newest son. . . we just had to seek and trust Him to reveal it.

In our own quiet times with the Lord, Michael has been in 1 and 2 Timothy reading about Paul's commission to this young man to 'fight the good fight' and finish well. In concordinance, I had been reading in Ephesisans 6 about wearing the full armor of God to "resist the enemy whenever he attacks, and when it is all over, you will still be standing" (Eph. 6:13). With these thoughts weighing heavy in our lives, the Lord brought me the name Cade meaning "battler". We then chose Elias as his middle name meaning "My God is the Lord". How beautiful!

We pray that as Cade grows, he will wage war against Satan and all the principalities of the air and below forever proclaiming that HIS God is the Lord. May he also do battle for those around him through prayer and encouragement as he proclaims the Good News - pressing others to ever increasing faith as he fights the good fight and, Lord willing, finishes well.

We also loved the way Cade's name correlates with Cole's which means "shepherd". How wonderful that our boys' proclaim the very nature and awesomeness of our God. Not only is Jesus our Good Shepherd - leading, protecting, and guiding, but he is also our great defender - fighting for us, laying our petitions before the father, and giving us the power we need to prevail against evil and temptation.

As we continue to praise the Lord for his goodness in our lives, here is a glimpse of our FUN gender reveal with family. . .
Ultrasound picture in the envelope and little outfit in the bag - what will Baby J be??
(oh the suspense!)
The family casted their votes for boy or girl by choosing their colored plates.
We let Cole have the honor of opening the gift. . . it's. . .
a. . .
BOY!!!

Although Cole has mentioned a sister from Day 1, he was excited to know he was going to have a little brother. He talks about his love for Cade constantly, kisses my belly, and even got to feel Cade kick a little yesterday evening. I LOVE watching his wonder as our family travels this blessed path. He is going to be such a FaBuLoUs BIG brother!

2 comments:

Allen and Jessica said...

Oh, Adrian!! I LOVE this post!! It is long awaited!! :) It moves me deeply to glimpse the sweet baby boy evolving within you and hear his name and its significance. I am so completely name obsessed (you really have no idea) . . . and both your names are names I've ventured through myself. . . Josiah Caedmon meaning "fire of the Lord" and "wise warrior" was our boy name for years (until a few months before Jonah's conception when we received his name in our spirits). And I have been head-over-heels for the name Elias for a long time, but we could never use it because it doesn't flow well with Willis. . . All that to say, I LOVE Cade Elias! It's so powerful! I never knew Cole meant Shepard, but your right, your boys names are a bold proclamation of the nature of our God!! Thank you for sharing!!! :)

This Is Stupid said...

Sweet! I love the name. Just perfect! (Also, not quite as important as all you mentioned, but anything monogrammed with a "C" can be passed down from brother to brother. See? How neat! ha!)
They will be such good friends one day. You are a blessed mommy!!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com