Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day

or should I say, Winter Wonderland?  

It was GLORIOUS waking up to a scene straight out of a Christmas card. . . what a beautiful day the Lord blessed us with!

Cole awoke early (well, 7:45. . . early for him these days) and Michael kept him occupied in his room while I got the video camera ready.  We couldn't miss his sweet expressions as he ran into the living room to see all of Santa's goodies.

Heading straight for the big one


His new wooden easel (which he's enjoyed non-stop these past few days. . .)
We hear that Santa loves IKEA and got it for a STEAL!
So cozy in his new outer space sleeping bag


A CD full of songs using his name - it's so cute!
Clothes and M&M headphones

Stocking time!
Mom and Dad's turn. . .

After opening presents, I had planned to cook us a yummy breakfast of biscuits, sausage, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and pancakes; BUT, since I was up the entire night before with an upset stomach (evidently, Cade isn't a fan of chili these days), Michael fixed a simplified version. . . which was delicious none the less.

Upon entering the kitchen for breakfast, Cole noticed a letter that Santa had left for him.
He was shocked and so excited!
After breakfast it was a morning of reading the Word, lounging in pjs, playing with new toys, and cherishing moments as a family of three.  I have a feeling that next year may be a little different with a five year old and an eight month old :)  Can't wait!

Around noon, we headed to my grandmother's home for a semi-traditional meal.  I say semi, because in years past, we've always done breakfast/brunch.  Since Kyle and Laura now spend Christmas morning with her family, we've decided to make lunch our special meal together.  Potato soup, sandwiches, shrimp, dips, and other goodies with another batch of presents rounded out our afternoon.




The past few years, we've also begun the Christmas Cracker tradition.  Little musical instruments, jokes, yo-yos, and colorful crowns were our special prizes hidden inside.
Laura, Gigi, myself, and Mom G sporting our crowns. . . 
It was nearing nap time (for all of us), so we made the long trek next door to my parent's home where we would spend the evening.  Pizza and wings were on the menu and we later enjoyed opening up our gifts to one another.






Daddy's surprise gift from Mommy
Laura's laptop surprise
Cole's favorite. . . his long-awaited V-Reader  

Because of the impending weather, we all decided to spend the night. . . seven of us plus three dogs made for a fun evening :)  Games and a movie were the agenda - what a wonderful Christmas!  

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

what a special day! I love all of the pictures. Cole is such a cutie. Children make Christmas magical again. I was thinking the other day about how as I get older, I would do anything to go back to one Christmas as an innocent child and experience it. And my mother reminded me that through your child's eyes it's even more magical. This year adeline just loved the paper, ribbons, and tags, but i'm looking forward to all the future Christmas's where we can teach her about the birth of Christ and the real reason for magic at Christmas.

love following your blog! it's such a blessing to read!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com