Thursday, February 3, 2011

Front Door Valentine Wreath

I've always wanted a Valentine wreath for the front door and was set on making one this year. I've seen lots of cute ideas along the way and incorporated a few of them to into my own. . .

You'll need:
* metal hoop (styrofoam also works, but the metal is somewhat heavier and a little easier to hang - it was actually cheaper/larger as well!)
* 1 yard of patterned fabric (I used 1/2 yd. of two patterns)
* decorative item for the center; optional

Step 1: Cut fabric into strips approx. 1/2 in. wide and 8 in. long. (I didn't measure, just estimated)

Step 2: Begin to tie fabric onto hoop using any pattern you prefer. (I didn't use the white/red striped fabric. . . the other two showed up better on a white front door)

Step 3: Continue tying until hoop is covered. Hang decorative item so that it's centered in the wreath.

Step 4: Add a small loop at the top with left-over fabric and hang on door.

This quick (45 min. start to finish), inexpensive (total = $10) idea can be used for any holiday and placed indoors or out. Love it!

1 comment:

Regina Gibson said...

Adore it my crafty friend! Hope this day has found you seeking HIM :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com