to Love Day that is.
Last year, I began a 10 day Countdown to Valentine's Day for Michael. Beginning on Feb. 4, I surprised him with little notes and his favorite goodies that expressed my growing love and adoration as well as offering encouragement (that I don't give often enough). He enjoyed it so much (he still has all the little notes taped inside his cabinet door in the bathroom), that I knew I had to make this a tradition for us.
This year, I began today, Feb. 1 and will continue until Love Day arrives. Here are a few ideas of what Michael can expect!
Day 1: You captured my HEART 13 years ago - and still have it! - heart balloon, 'love bird' heart chocolates, heart note telling him how much I love and adore him.

Day 2: I love you a LATTE - Starbucks gift card
Day 3: I still have a CRUSH on you - Orange Crush drink
Day 4: We'll always go together like PEAS and CARROTS - making his favorite dinner and having a date night in
Day 5: I'll always STICK by your side - favorite gum and superglue
Day 6: You're still my hunk-a-hunk of BURNIN' love :) - scented candle for his office and car fresheners
Day 7: Cole, Cade, and I love you to PIECES! - a letter/picture from Cole that he and I make into a puzzle for Michael to put together
Day 8: So glad to share this JOURNEY with you. . . wherever the ROAD may take us! - gift certificate to car wash and a new CD
Day 9: Always know I've got your BACK - new back massager with a coupon for a back rub :)
Day 10: You'll always be the WRITE man for me! - new pens for office
Day 11: Hugs and KISSES, now and always! - huge chocolate lips :)
Day 12: My EYES are only for you - funny 'googly-eyed' heart and a movie date out
Day 13: Thank you for being the spiritual leader of our home. You love God's WORD and live it out daily! - let Cole surprise him by reciting Michael's favorite Bible verse from memory. Also have his favorite verse framed for his office.
Day 14: Happy LOVE day! A few Johnson traditions - heart shaped pancakes with heart strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast, 'hearty' vegetable soup for dinner with a heart shaped cake for dessert. A few other surprises may be in store as well!
Cole's countdown began today as well. He received his first 'letter' in his mailbox with a special treat. What fun!



2 comments:
WOW! Adrian! This is such a great idea! SO SWEET! How in the world is Michael supposed to top that for you?! ;)
There are gonna be two happy males in your household!! Love you.
Post a Comment