Monday, February 7, 2011

Sweet Surprises

I said in an earlier post that I LOVE seeing the UPS truck pull up in front of the house. The anticipation and excitement of a new package is so much fun! Add to that the sweet surprises Cole, Cade, and I received through the regular mail these past few days and our week was super special!

Surprise #1:
Michael came in from getting the mail with a package from Pitter Patter Art earlier in the week. I couldn't remember ordering anything from Laura (you MUST check out her site!), but with this 'pregnancy brain' you never know :) As I opened up the package, I was shocked to see a sweet onesie/burp cloth set monogramed with Cade's initial. Curious to know who it was from, I scoured the other contents and found a simple 'Congratulations' note from my dear friend Ellen. I LOVE it and can't wait to use them both!
Isn't it super cute?!?!


Surprise #2:
While playing in the den on Thursday, all three of us were surprised to hear the doorbell ring. As Michael went to the door, we noticed a package that the postman had laid on the front porch. Michael asked me if I'd ordered anything and I asked him the same question. Neither of us had, and we were even more surprised to see that the package was addressed to Cole. Looking at the return address we noticed that it was from a dear couple, Alan and Dawn Jefferys (otherwise known as Big Al and Mama J) that we stayed with in December on our weekend getaway to NYC. They showered Cole with gifts then and are still blessing our little boy. . .
What's inside!?!



I can tell Dawn's checked in with the blog - she couldn't have sent more perfect items for Cole. A space book about the planets, chap stick (Nerd flavored and Mickey Mouse), PipSqueak markers, a letter 'C' notepad, and a Make Your Own Prayers magnet book (which is sooo cute!).



Thank you!
Just as we've been blessed by these sweet surprises, I pray that our family can bless others through whatever way the Lord would lead. Who knows. . . you may receive a special delivery - be on the lookout!

1 comment:

This Is Stupid said...

Can't take much credit! Laura picked some cool color combos =) Hope he enjoys wearing it. Congrats!!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com