Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!

Sweet Cade,
We've reached the 6 month mark - your half birthday!

Weight: 17 lbs. 2 oz. (41%)
Height: 27 inches (69%)
Head Circumference: 17.5 (50%)

Your little personality is quite hilarious to watch. You are the sweetest, smiliest thing, but are NEVER still. You rarely cuddle (unless you are ready to rock to sleep) and are constantly on the move. You find a way to scoot and roll to what you want. . . even making your way to Cole's room from the den. WoW! I see crawling in our very near future. . .


You don't miss a beat and want to explore everything - which the majority of the time ends up in your mouth :) We read books, but you'd rather drum on the pages and eat the corners. . . what a contrast to your older brother!

We tried out a jump-a-roo when visiting a friend and you LOVED it! So much so that I got Cole's down from the attic for you enjoy. You bounce and swing all over the place!



You are so close to sitting without support. I think you would have it down if you would just stay still long enough to balance :)

Mr. Drools could easily be your nickname. Not sure if more teeth are coming through, but you soak outfits in less than 5 minutes without a bib. I see us investing in many more of those this go around!

We've tried sweet potatoes and pears - your scrunched up nose said it all. . . yuck! I think they were too sweet of a contrast from the cereal and oatmeal you love. Green beans are next on the agenda

Your brother has taught you how to blow raspberries on command and make the "brrrr" sound. Maybe I can get him to teach you Ma-ma?

You've begun taking a few longer day naps for mommy, but cat naps are still your favorite *sigh*. You've also been waking during the night which I believe is either from a slight, stuffy nose, teething, or growth spurt.

You truly smile for the camera. I can say, "Cade! Say cheese!" and you instantly grin. Love.

Your most ticklish spots are under your arms and chin. That precious belly laugh is contagious!
You chuckle the most when Tank chases the laser, when Daddy 'swings' you, when Cole dances, and when we play "ride the horsey"

We transitioned your bathtub to a sitting position. Although you still need minimal support, you LOVE being able to play and splash in the water.

Love. you. to. pieces. So blessed to be your mommy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

he is a doll! can't believe he's so big!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com