Thanks to the upcoming holiday and the return of winter weather (it's actually snowing as I type!), Cole and I have enjoyed a few extra art projects this week.
We love breaking out the shaving cream, and had fun with this easy color mixing/letter writing activity. Squeeze a tiny amount of shaving cream into a ziploc bag (and I mean tiny amount). Add two or more colors of food coloring, zip shut, and mix well.
Any colors will do, but we chose to mix the primary colors to make secondary colors. . . blue+red = purple, etc.

After mixing, use a Q-tip on the outside of the bag to draw pictures, shapes, or practice letter writing. Cole loved it!


We also got started on our family Valentine cards. Cole drew a bumblebee on the inside and added construction paper heart wings.

He then wrote "Bee My Valentine" and stamped the front/back with hearts (stamper made from squishing a toilet paper tube into the shape of a heart. . . thanks Pinterest!). A few more sweet treats will be inside for the grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I'm sure they'll love them!

And for the record, trying to paint an active, non-stop 9 month old's hands and then stamp onto paper for cute handprint art is impossible. Makes this Type A mama stressed! :)
I also got my craftiness on and made some initial art for above Cole's bed. $3.00 frames from Wal-Mart and scrapbook paper. . . love how they turned out!

1 comment:
yay love the touches add to cole's room!! so fun. and art. so fun our kiddos. hahaha on the hand print thing. i love you to high heaven and back friend. what a joyous night in Jesus!! cannot get over it!! :)
Post a Comment