![]() |
| Cole's stance cracks me up! |
When deciding what to plant, we basically stuck with last year's choices. Cucumbers are a favorite (and I'm hoping to try my hand at homemade pickles this year), squash, carrots, roma and cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes, banana peppers (only one plant this year), jalepeno peppers, and oblong sweet peppers. Didn't get a 'day-of' shot, but here it is just a couple of weeks after planting. Carrots are just starting to peek above the soil...lookin' good!
We nixed the green beans and peas which is quite hilarious since beans are growing ON THEIR OWN beside the patio...ha!
Hopefully our seeds/plants will produce more quickly this go around - now that I know not to drown the poor things with over watering.
Beside the patio, I'll plant my herbs again since they seemed to thrive there in the morning sun and afternoon/evening shade. The mint and chives returned on their own and I'll add basil, rosemary, oregano, and lavender. Not only are they wonderful for cooking, but sitting outside smells SO good!
Here's to a fruitful, yummy, summer!









No comments:
Post a Comment