Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feel the Love

Now that Valentine's Day has come and gone (see the four previous posts for our fun love-day activities), I've realized that this year ranks at the top of my list. This is the first year that all three of us have been together and celebrated as a family. Michael and I always went out before Cole was born (dinner, movie, special overnight date, etc.), and have even gone out for dinner the past two years while the grandparents watched Cole. Those have always created fun memories, but we decided to keep this year low key and just enjoy being together. We visited the Train Expo during the day and had lunch at Dalt's Diner, came home to rest, and then enjoyed a quiet evening with a special dinner I made for my precious boys. Although it was nothing spectacular, there was a sweetness about all of us celebrating together around a candlelit dinner (we actually ate on the china too!), and sharing what we love about each other.
My culinary undertaking...Cesear salad, French onion beef with brown rice, Bacon-onion potatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette, Herbed green beans, and Chive butter rolls.
Michael and I especially enjoyed sharing the evening with Cole. Don't get me wrong...we enjoy a date night here and there, but being with Cole created a joy within both of us that can't be described. What a blessing it was to celebrate the day of love with our son...the tangible gift created from the love that Michael and I share.
Yummy dinner mom!

After dinner, Cole opened his cards and gifts...
Kid's Shout Praise CDs from Papa, Gigi, and Mom G.
A basket full of goodies from Daddy and Mommy
CANDY!!Of course nothing compares to playing with the container itself...

After putting Cole down for bed, Michael and I enjoyed dessert...homemade chocolate cupcakes with almond cream cheese icing and raspberries. What a wonderful evening!









1 comment:

Allen and Jessica said...

Just wanted to say thank you for all the love and support you've extended to me through your comments on my blog. I have been deeply touched and comforted by observing your motherhood journey and feel honored that you've taken the time to reach out and uplift me as I embark on mine. . . would love to hang out in person once Jonah arrives. Love you, friend!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com