Monday, November 30, 2009

Cole's Third Birthday

Although Cole's birthday festivities were last week, he's STILL talking about all the fun we had.  Birthday cake, candles, palm trees, and friends are topics that somehow seem to weave their way into every conversation :)
This year, we went with a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom theme.  It's an alphabet sing-song book that I loved reading when I taught.  It has become a favorite of Cole's as well...what better way to celebrate than with a good book?!  Because I always seem to choose random themes that have no pre-made decorations to be found, it's up to me to get creative.  This year, I made the invitations to look like the cover of the book (replaced the pink border with blue), made the goody bags for his friends with everything ABC, turned Cole's outdoor water table into an indoor coconut tree, and added a few other Chicka Chicka activities.

We celebrated the big '3' on Saturday, Nov. 21...Cole's actual b'day.  In the morning we had our first 'friend' party.  We invited four of his friends to play, sing, dance, and share the day.  I think the adults had just as much fun as the kiddos!  
After a nap and relaxation, the party geared up again that evening with the family.  Grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins had a fun night feasting on grilled burgers and dawgs and watching Cole enjoy his new gifts.
It was a special day that we will always remember! 

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com