Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Fun!

Let me begin my stating my apologies to those that faithfully read this blog about our humble abode.  We've been so busy these past few weeks, that I haven't posted my menus OR glimpses of what's been happening around the Johnson home.  I promise I'll do better... :)

We'll start with all the Halloween/Fall fun that the month of October brought our way.  We attended the Hank Thompson Trek and Treat at The Streets, visited Bottom View Farm with the family (I did manage to post about that fun trip...click here), enjoyed Ghouls at Grassmere one Saturday evening, headed to Cedars of Lebanon for a family reunion, and spent Halloween at the CHBC Fall Festival and trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  Here are some pics of our fall adventures...

Trek and Treat at The Streets:  
Daddy had to work one Saturday, so Cole and I headed to The Streets for some fall fun.  We began with storytime at Barnes and Noble and then ventured outside (brrrr!) for the festivities.  We missed the parade, but enjoyed the games, booths, music, and CaNdY!




Ghouls at Grassmere:
We've LOVED our zoo membership this year, and were excited to take part in the annual Halloween fun.  Events included the 'Scary-Go-Round', Carn-Evil (a tent with games), corn maze, hayride around the back-roads of the zoo, 'Creepy Creatures' animal show, and the Trail of Treats.  Can't wait to go again next year!

My little Indian 
I made his vest from a tan pillowcase and Cole helped decorate with paper bag 'fringe', feathers, and paper.  His pant fringe was made with velcro, felt, and paper bags.  We had fun creating his costume together!
What fun!



Beginning the Trail of Treats throughout the zoo


Animal show!


Family Reunion:
The annual Goodall reunion (my grandmother's side of the family) was held this year at Cedars of Lebanon state park.  We had a gorgeous day to be outside and enjoyed time with our extended family.  Highlights were the cornhole tournament and a trip to the cave :)


Meet Max the Mastiff...isn't he beautiful!?!?  Only six months old :)
Let's go to the cave!










Halloween!!:
We spent the afternoon at the CHBC Fall Festival.  We enjoyed a free hot dog/chips/drink lunch and lots of fun games.  

Cohen and Cole...sweet friends!


The BIG inflatable.  I think their favorite part was watching Mommy slide down!
Halloween night was spent at home getting ready for some neighborhood trick-or-treating.  Papa and Gigi came over to share the fun with us, and we rounded out the evening with a chili/cornbread supper.  Can't get much better!

Ready to go!  Let me just say that this year was SO MUCH FUN!  Cole understood the whole idea of 'trick-or-treating' and his expressions were priceless!  




Checkin' out the goods.  You'll notice he's sorting the candy...type A like his momma :)

Well, at the beginning of this post, I said I'd 'start' with the fall fun we've had.  'Starting' with the fall fun has turned into a rather lengthy post (ha!), so I'll save some of our other adventures for future ramblings.  Check back soon to see/read about my little chef and some of his new toys :)

2 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

WOW!! How much fun you guys had:) I love, love, love his costume and all of your creativity. And, how precious is it that he sorted his candy!! I can't believe we haven't seen you guys in forever. Maybe we can catch up at the CAC or Chick-fil-a sometime soon:)

This Is Stupid said...

Ha! I saw yours, too! I love finding friends' blogs. So fun! We also went to Ghouls at Grassmere. Abby loved it.
It was a nice park day. I had to drag Abby home--we'll have to do it again some time!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com