
Cole absolutely LOVES to help me around the house. Whether it's laundry, sweeping, dusting, making the beds, etc. he always wants to be included...I hope it lasts! Although he enjoys helping all around the house, his favorite room has to be the kitchen. He must be the one to open/close the pantry, refrigerator, and microwave (if you do it yourself you have to open/close it again so that he can do it), he loves to load/unload the dishwasher, and especially loves helping me cook. He's getting really good at helping me measure ingredients and does great adding them to the bowl/pot. He mixes, pours, stirs, and watches from afar when things go into the oven.
A few months ago, Michael got him some cut-apart veggies to play with. Cole loved them so much, that Michael came home a few weeks later with wooden cupcakes as well. After a quick "stop buying things for this child!" glance, I applauded Daddy for finding such a cute toy. The cupcakes have removable icing/candles and came with dry erase markers that can be used to 'decorate' the icing. To enhance his imagination, Michael brought down his empty cabinet to be used as an 'oven' and I happened to find an apron for $1 that said "Baker in Training"...so cute! These along with his chef's hat he made at school (they had a 'thank God for food' theme) made for the perfect photo op that I couldn't resist. Here are a few pics of my little chef...




No comments:
Post a Comment