Sunday, June 6, 2010

At Last. . .

Amidst all our family activities this weekend, we carved out a few moments to spend with our dear friends William and Charis Brown and their sweet little girl, Feven.  After the celebration of Feven's homecoming from Ethiopia a short two months ago, it's time to celebrate again. . .she's turning one!  Although the Browns reside in Louisville, they traveled down to celebrate Feven's one year birthday with family and invited us along to share the joy with them.  We couldn't attend the actual party because of Laura's bridal shower (see previous post), but we popped over later that evening to meet this precious angel that we prayed over for so many months.
I must say that when Charis greeted me at the door, I was already overcome with emotion.  Her mom brought Feven around the corner and I couldn't contain my tears. . . she is BEAUTIFUL!  Although I've seen so many pictures of her, to hold this sweet blessing was such an overflow of joy for my soul.  Thinking of how the Lord orchestrated her path to William and Charis before the foundation of the world is astounding and humbling.  What an amazing God we serve!  

Feven is such a happy baby with an abundance of personality.  She's always on the move and is beginning to pull up and walk with assistance. . . such a busy little girl!  She's already saying 'da-da' and we know 'ma-ma' isn't far behind :)  She loves to blow spit bubbles and has a smile that lights up the room.








Cole has prayed for Feven every night and it was wonderful to let him meet this future friend from around the globe.  He did offer her a few hugs, but was more interested in the new toys to play with :)  William also took a few pics with his camera of Charis and I with our little ones - I can't wait to see them!

Although our visit was short, I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet and hold this special gift from the Lord.  A few Louisville playdates are in the works for this summer - I can't wait to be with them again!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com