There are lots of great Dads in the world, but I must say that the two in my life definitely take the cake!
I'm so thankful for a father that loves the Lord and always made his love for me known over the years. I'll never forget seeing the joy and tears in his eyes as I went forward to accept Christ into my heart or his words at the altar when he gave his little girl away to be married.
A wonderful Papa as well!

Another joy has been watching Michael evolve into the role of father. I couldn't ask for a better leader of our home and role model for Cole. He truly loves being a daddy and lives out God's love in front of our son daily. Whether it's hunting for rocks, walking the aisles at Lowes, giving a bath, building blanket forts, or reading a bedtime Bible story, Michael treasures his moments with Cole and always finds ways to make them special.
Couldn't help posting an oldie :)

My mom has a little stitched saying in a frame at her home that says, "Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy". So thankful for my daddies!
A few more pics and instructions for making the baseball hat cake shown above. . .
(I saw this on the cover of a magazine in the grocery store while waiting to check out and thought it was such a cute idea. I didn't buy the magazine, but quickly skimmed the directions. I can't even remember which magazine it was!)
1. Purchase cake mix of your choice and a roll of sugar cookie dough.
2. Mix ingredients for cake and pour into an oven safe 1 1/2 - 2 quart bowl. Bake at 350 degrees for close to an hour (checking center often after 45 minutes). Let cool for 10-15 minutes in bowl before removing.
3. Roll sugar cookie dough into an oval shape on parchment paper. Bake according to package directions and let cool.
4. Place bowl cake upside down onto one end of the oval. Trim away excess cookie to make the 'bill' of the hat.

5. Cover with white icing and decorate with your choice of candies and designs.





No comments:
Post a Comment